Saturday, May 12, 2007
grilled egg plant with tomato
extra virgin olive oil
1) cut the eggplants ito 5-6 cm in length and slice them in half.
2) slit individuall egg plant half in a criss-cross manner (to allow olive oil to be better absorbed)
3) preheat oven to 180 degrees, brush oilve oil on the inside half of each egg plant and place them facing down on the grill.
4) grill for 15-20 mins
5) dice the tomato and add olive oil that will just cover half the tomato, add basil (as much or little as u like), salt and pepper to taste.
6) after 20 mins serve the egg plants with the tomato garnish on top. good as an apetizer.