Friday, March 14, 2008

Weird taste -identified!!!

was very troubled previously cos i couldn't quite place the taste of the shiso-lookalike leaves. I was pretty sure that i had tasted something similar before but just couldn't relate it! Frustrating to say the least!!!

After eating it for the third time (made a batch of kimchi with it and have been working my way slowly), I finally got it!!!

PAPADUMS!!! These leaves taste like papadums!!! I kid you not!!! I think papadums are made of lentils (Culinary Princess, correct???) and these leaves obviously bear no resemblance whatsoever to pulses but they have the same aftertaste!!!! So interesting!!!

So yeah...now even though i do not exactly know the name of the plant, i m happy.... :D and happily eating it...it's great as a 'ban chan' / side dish.....!!

(Seen here with Piggy's mushroom rice)

No comments: