Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Farewell Strawberry Sorbet!!




The night before I let for Hobart, Qin invited me over to her place. I thought it was going to be a quiet dinner and didn’t even bother brushing my hair before leaving the house. In fact, when she called, I was actually having a nap and I literally rolled out of bed, took the strawberry sorbet i had made earlier out of the freezer and sleep-walked the 100 metres to her to place.
When the door was opened, I realised that the entire hallway was filled with friends who had gathered for my farewell party!!??!!(not exactly farewelll..just in tassie for a 7 week placement!! hee!)

The party was truly fantastic!! Everyone whom I wanted to see was there and I was really amazed at how well they had kept the secret!! I had met some of these people earlier and they have all sincerely said goodbyes to me..or so I thought!!

Thank you - Rachel, Mao, Lydea, Sara jean, Simon, Alsen, Jasmine, Emi, Soxi, Kaoru, Jilian, Max, Sik Yin, Louisa, Michelle, Aira, Ayaka Jean, Adelia, George, for coming, for taking the time to make the delicious food (it was a massive spread!!!) and thank you Weiqin and Jasmine for coordinating the event~~~Weiqin, you are such a lovely little sister!!!!

And after the party, Adelia, Sik Yin and Jean even came over to help me pack my luggage.

I am grateful beyond words.

Thank you all. :)

And the strawberry sorbet?? Fortunately it was a huge batch so there was plenty to go around!

Strawberry Sorbet
Ingredients:
3X 375g punnets frozen strawberries
dash of rice milk (optional)
3/4 cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
1 cup (240ml) water

Method:
place the sugar and water in a saucepan over a low heat and stir without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
Increase the heat and bring to the boil for one minute. Set aside to cool.
blend strawberries in a food processor, add sugar syrup and lemon juice, blend again. Put in freezer and blend 2 times more at hourly intervals.
Note: you don’t really have to freeze the strawberries first but it would decrease freezing time.
I think it would work too if some frozen bananas were used in lieu of the sugar syrup. Oh and to freeze strawberries, just wash, pluck off the green tops, pat dry and put it in the freezer. They can last up to a year and are great for smoothies and jellies.

No comments: