it's Sik Yin's birthday today...so Siewli, Weiqin (did the most) n I made a green tea tiramisu cake for her...:D
Hope u like it dear Sik Yin!!!
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup white caster sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract, cointreau, or any orange flavoured liqueur (optional)
2 tsp matcha (green tea powder)
1-1 1/2 cups brewed green tea, cooled
savioardi (ladyfingers) or plain sponge cake
1) Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water, until the mixture is pale yellow & increase in volume. Quickly cool the mixture in an ice water bath.
2) Beat the mascarpone cheese for a short while until smooth & creamy. Add the matcha powder at this point & adjust according to your taste. If you prefer a stronger matcha taste, feel free to add another tsp of matcha powder. Then fold the mascarpone cheese into the slightly cooled egg yolk mixture above.
3) In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks. Add vanilla or orange liqueur if using.
4) Fold the mascarpone mixture above into the whipped cream until well blended.
5) Dip each ladyfingers into the brewed green tea quickly, then layer them on the bottom of a rectangular glass dish or a pyrex dish. Spread the creamy mixture on top, and repeat layers until finished. Top layer should be cream layer.
6) Refrigerate at least a couple of hours or preferably overnight to let it set well.
7) Dust with powdered matcha or cocoa powder just before serving.
Recipe from Imperial Kitchen Purple_girl. :)
Modifications: we added a gelatine mixture (2 tablespoons water, 1 tsp gelatine, microwave 20s) to the whipped cream so that the cake can set in a shorter time.
Comments: Tasted heavenly!!! Will cut sugar into half next time though! :D
Special thanks to lovely Siewli for doing all the washing up!! You're such a sweetheart!!!
Dong Zi Kou Zhang Lao Er Liang Fen, Chengdu
17 hours ago