Sunday, May 27, 2007
Mango cheese cake
500g cream cheese (Woolie's homebrand's fine. Trust me, I just did a presentation on cheeses in Australia..:P )
mango flavoured jelly powder x 2 pack
2 can mango slices in syrup (425g)
200 ml hot water
1 cup crushed sweet biscuits
50g butter, melted
3 tbs brown sugar
1. Add jelly to 200ml HOT water. Stir to melt.
2. Drain the mango slices and add the syrup to the jelly. Cut mango into small cubes. Set aside.
3. Leave jelly in fridge for 1 hour to set.
4. In the meantime, prepare biscuit base by combining crushed biscuits, butter and sugar. Press firmly onto a lined 20cm springform pan. Leave in fridge for at least 30 mins to set.
5. Combine jelly and cream cheese in a blender and mix throughly.
6. Pour 1/3 onto the base.
7. Add mango cubes to the cream cheese mixture and pour everything into the cake pan.
8. Leave overnight in the fridge, yes, you guessed it, to set. :)
Comments: this recipe is inspired by Berry Simple mandarin cheesecake which i made a fortnight ago...used mango instead of mandarin orange and reduced the amount of liquid from the last time...the cake was nice n firm-er....and I loved how the cubes added texture n interest to the cake...was quite pretty to look at..
the crumbly stuff on top of the cake is shaved chocolate by the way....we had an issue with bubbles on the surface of the cake.....and we wanted to conceal it somehow.. ;) Anyone has a better solution for next time??
This is an updated comment: just spoon the bubbles off...i think the bubbles were from the jelly solution which i had not done properly... and I have doubled the quantity for the cake...as i think it was too 'shallow'....'taller' looks better...the biscuit base reminds the same.