Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Big Pau



looks promising, no??

The filling is braised chicken with yam and a slice of hard boiled egg.

I get quite excited at the thought of making dim sum food...the first time we made chee chong fun, i was literally over the moon...in Singapore, dim sum (or yum cha) is not that expensive but it just didn't seem possible to me that anyone would try to make them at home...
being overseas, of course, is a great motivator to start learning things you didn't use to give a second thought about....

this recipe which i got from my 'Best Finger Foods' cookbook required 20 minutes of kneading...perhaps i kneaded it too much, i'm not sure...but it turned out too dry and chewy..maybe it's the way it's supposed to be...but i like my paus soft and fluffy....will try Lily's Tien Tsin Pau recipe next...wish me luck folks!

No comments: