recipe modified from here
250g glutinous rice flour
4 tbsp shallot oil
Green tea peanut mixture
250g toasted peanuts, grounded into a fine powder (some bigger pieces are fine)
2 tsp green tea/ matcha powder
50g caster sugar
2 tb toasted white sesame seed
1. Prepare peanut mixture by combining all the ingredients. Set aside.
2. Mix glutinous rice flour, water and 2 tbsp of shallot oil together to form a smooth batter.
3. Grease a microwavable container with the remaining oil and pour batter into it.
4. Cover with lid and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave, stir the semi-cooked dough briskly in one direction. Return dough to microwave and High for 1 minute. Remove, stir and return to the microwave high for 30 seconds. Repeat this method twice or until it is cooked.
5.Using a pair of scissors, cut cooked dough into small pieces and toss it into the green tea peanut mixture.
6. Serve and sprinkle more peanut mixture as desired.
Last year, Sik Yin n i tried to make muah chee using the steaming method and we
using the microwave, the whole process takes less than 15 minutes, including the preparation of the shallot oil!! Fantastic isn't it!! And we didn't even have to 'pound' the dough....yeah....traditionally muah chee is not served with green tea but it is a nice twist...so you can omit the green tea powder if you can't find it. :)