Monday, April 2, 2007
Mooncake cookies (modified from the Sanders Cookie Mixture)
125g butter/ margarine (I prefer butter cos of the fragrance)
1/2 cup currants & 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (can subsitute with any other 'topping' you like...choc chip, apricots, coconut etc)
125g all purpose flour
125g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essene
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. mix softened butter and sugar together.
3. Add egg n vanilla essence.
4. Sift flour into butter mixture, mix.
5. add currants and sunflower seeds.
6. roll into small balls and bake on a greased tray for 20-25 mins.
why did i name them 'mooncake cookies'? Cos the combination of currants n sunflower seeds n the cookie really does remind me of mooncakes...haa....but i assure u...they r yummy!!!!