Monday, June 30, 2008

Spring Onion Surprise!

Did you know...
that if u bought spring onions with roots, u can actually leave them in a glass of water and they will continue growing for 3 weeks or so???

what do i mean??

Both Sara Jean and Aira thought that i was just putting them in the glass for either
a) decoration
b) preservation

no, no...I snipe off the tops and then in a couple of days, they will grow back...the only thing which u have to do is to change the water daily otherwise it stinks up pretty quickly...



Isn't this such a great thrifty tip??? It will save you......like $2 every month???! heeh...but seriously, it's great to have self-rejuvenating fresh greens, isn't it??

Sara Jean says that she loves me alot cos of all the cooking/household tips i impart....can you tell that our friendship is very deep??

1 comment:

Par said...

I should try that next time.
I did it a few times before but the water started to stink.....:P
Maybe I should change water more often!